lifelong learning

observations from the life of one homeschooling family

Sunday, November 06, 2005

We have reached Chapter 29 of the Goblet of Fire. Only 9 more chapters to go. The first 2 tasks have been completed, and many things are beginning to come clear.

I am glad that I have read this book before, at I feel rather at ease with the characters, and very much enjoy reading it aloud to my family. The upcoming release of the movie (November 18th, in case you were wondering) gives us a time goal, and I am certain that we will be able to finish the book before the movie comes out. I look forward to seeing it in the theatre with the Sunchild. It will be our first movie out together. I know that it will be pretty intense, and we have been discussing which parts we expect will be the scariest. I don't think that this one will be as frightening as Prisoner of Azkaban was, though. The story line isn't as dark.

The Sunchild and I have really been enjoying our story-based approach to learning, these days. We experience stories (books, audiobooks, movies) and discuss them throughout the day. It is interesting to watch which pieces of what stories come back up for further discussion. Sometimes, I hear him re-telling parts of the stories aloud. Other times, he makes up his own stories, which is something I have not heard him do much before now. It seems as if he is getting a 'feel' for the whole artform of stories, and continuity and rhythm & flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home