lifelong learning

observations from the life of one homeschooling family

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Sunchild has been working on his birthday party all day long. We put together goody bags for his friends, wrote a list of activities and a plan of action, and baked his cake today. We also talked about what if some of the activities don't go over all that well, and how we could just move on to the next activity. (He has 7. It's a two hour party. I think we have some wiggle room.)

We made Lego bingo boards, and sorted the pieces for playing that. This evening, he told me that he thought they could play Battleship, too. He is going to work on the set up for that game tomorrow while I am at work.

We also bought Twister. He & I played it yesterday, and were giggling madly by the end of it. I think it is a bit trickier than I remember. It probably has something to do with being taller.

The cake is baked. It still has to be assembled, which will happen tomorrow night, after we get home from sushi at Otani's. Nana & Grandpa asked the Sunchild what he wanted for birthday dinner (and considering I have to work all day, it will be nice to eat out), and he said sushi.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around the reality that he will be six years old tomorrow. I told him this afternoon, that six years ago today, I was already hard at work, birthing him into this world.

Now, I must go deal with the cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home