lifelong learning

observations from the life of one homeschooling family

Wednesday, August 03, 2005


Yesterday was quite an adventure. Our whole family went to the Great Lakes Science Center, to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit. It was fascinating to an anatomy geek like myself, although it was a bit disturbing as well. The exhibit consisted of both whole cadavers and various sections and organs, which had been preserved in a plastic compound which retained the original coloration for the structures. I am going to try & post my first pictures here, to show what I am writing about....

The SunChild enjoyed the exhibit. People worried that i might be traumatizing him by exposing him to such imagery, but he has been studying my anatomy atlases with me during massage school, and is rather proud of his fledgeling anatomy geekhood. His favorite part was an almost completely disarticulated figure, that was hanging from the ceiling.

2 Comments:

Blogger klk said...

Hey...did you change everything on me? Is this still you? Hmmm...I'm confused as to how many blogs you have you busy woman.
:)
Clue me in here!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

yep. still me. i have my busy moments... but then i disappear for days sometimes too. i can only really write when i have to house quiet & no one else awake... so i ebb and flow with that tide.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home