lifelong learning

observations from the life of one homeschooling family

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

We are currently preparing to homeschool. The sunchild will continue in kindergarten for a while yet, and there is still the chance that he will grow to love it. In the meantime, however, I am educating myself on what I need to do in order to homeschool him.

I know that it is important to keep records of what is covered, so that the school system sees what we are doing in our home education. I have begun a spreadsheet that I will be using to track the educational activities that we engage in. In addition, I will be keeping a portfolio of his work, and of information on any outside activities we get involved in.

At the moment, there is not a whole lot to track, as he is still in school most of the time. I want to start now, though, in order to make the transition go smoothly if it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home