lifelong learning

observations from the life of one homeschooling family

Saturday, September 10, 2005

It is looking likely. This thought is making me grin like crazy. The schedule thing, the money thing. And the paternal involvement-- papa referred to himself as 'professor' today LOL

I am reading Summerhill again, and it is really helping me concretize the 'why' of this decision. Schools are really good at what they do-- train people to fit into society's definition of what they should be.

And as I was pondering this, it occurred to me that I really want to think outside the box. I don't want to stuff my kid into one. I had a somatic realization, in which I remembered once trying to place a cat into some sort of container, and how fiercely it resisted me.

I have felt like that cat since the sunchild started school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home